Pages

3.29.2012

I don't know what to name this post...


Christian Alliance For Orphans - Dennis Rainey from Justin Heglund on Vimeo.

This brief video (1:49) has been online for a while, but I just discovered it today.  I'm sharing it because it encapsulates what transformation happened for Nathan and I through bringing Ellie and Reni into our home.  And that's why last weekend was so cool -- to connect (in person) with a greater community of women who share the same heart experience.  I must admit the first time I read Mr. Rainey's quote a few months ago (something to the effect of), "We need the orphan more than the orphan needs us,"  it didn't sit right with me.  Watch the video and listen to what he says and think about it for yourself.  I'd love to talk about it with someone sometime!

This afternoon we travel to WGM's headquarters with 3 vans full of students for 2 nights.  As it's sometimes easy to think of the mission only in terms of the student center here on campus or the missionaries who come through our doors on Sunday nights, we'll be giving our student cabinet a glimpse of another side of the mission:  the folks who work day in and day out to support those on the field through accounting, publishing, coordinating volunteers, member care, and more!  We're thrilled that Jonathan and Faith, the couple who will be replacing us in this position, are able to come along.  So as you pray for traveling mercies on our behalf, you can also lift up the transition and the relationship building that will commence between former cabinet, newly elected cabinet, and the new directors.  It will be a fun time!  Our kids are excited too at the prospect of hanging out with the students for an extended amount of time.  You can pray that the change in routine will be fun and not (too) exhausting!  It's really a whirlwind trip.

And for those of you who are related to me on my mom's side... I just posted Alec and Elyse's engagement session on my photo blog!  I think you'll agree that my youngest cousin is just beautiful!

No comments: