Pages

7.15.2011

Illinois Visit, Part 2: Grandpa & Grandma Whiteford

After shooting 3 weddings in 8 days right before coming to Illinois, I was really camera weary.  I did manage to get a few images with my grandparents, Lawrence and Marguerite Whiteford.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any with Grandpa Van and Marilyn.  This particular evening we brought up a small shock of wheat so the "townies" could see what was going on at the farm.  I have to say, staying at Grandpa and Grandma 'Ford's old house is both strange and completely natural.  'Strange' because I RARELY (the only time I can remember sleeping there is the night Hannah was born) spent the night there as a child, but 'natural' because it's the only homebase which has remained constant my entire life.  Now that my grandparents live in town, Mom and Dad live in their house (where my mom grew up) during farming season because it's the operational hub of the farm business.


Grandma's "toy box" has a few stuffed animals and some match box cars.  That's all Reni needs!


THAT'S where you hid that car!





Looking through these images reminds me so much of childhood visits to my great-grandparents Craig home in Minier... playing with whatever we could find while the adults visited.
Grandma has a walker now that is even more fun than Grandpa's because it has a shelf!


And just a few more pics before leaving the next day...


Charley's angels, here we come!


No comments: