Pages

7.13.2011

Seeing some of our Vermont family in Indy...

One of the things I told Nathan long before we had children was that I wanted our kids to experience summer time on the farm every year growing up.

Last summer I was approached by a couple who asked if they could fly me out to San Diego to photograph their mid-week, June wedding.  After checking to see if my mom could provide childcare, I quickly told them "yes" and thus the timing of the Summer 2011 Visit to the Farm was set.  I think as the date approached, my mom thought the kids might be more distracted from being away from their parents if they had cousins to play with, so my sister, Bug, flew out from Vermont with Tua & Pippa to coincide with Ellie and Reni.  We met them at a Steak 'n Shake in Brownsburg to drop off the kids.


My niece, Tua, who looks like a combination of Jenny and I when we were her age.

I know, I interrupted their lunch to ask for this picture.  Plus, Pippa is obviously wondering who this strange woman is (she hadn't seen me since Christmas, and in her short life, that was like 25% of her lifetime ago!


Reni had no trouble remembering Gjyshe & Gigi, which made the drop off SO much easier.

Ellie and my mom are close buddies, and once she saw Gigi, they were inseparable.  I couldn't even take Ellie to the bathroom.  Gigi got that special privilege!

Reni knows he gets extra attention whenever he sports a hat and/or glasses.

Sorry Ellie's got an open mouth full of food, but this snapshot perfectly captures the relationship these two have together.  They were soon entertaining all of the tables around us, giggling, dancing, and playing together.

I need to get this image printed for Ellie to keep in her room...

oh my goodness, I'm so sad that sweetness lives so far away...

yep -- one bag, two bikes, and a stroller.  Ellie and Reni are not light travelers!

Um, yes.  It was a full car driving home.  I think Pip and Reni got the best seats.


Gigi had no choice -- the girls pretty much "own" her when she's around...

Lots of pics from the farm to come!  Come back soon!

No comments: