Pages

12.16.2006

"Sick & Tired"

Today has been one of those days of relaxing in the apartment catching up on all the pictures and video of experiences I missed while in Kentucky.  Today has been a good day for adjusting to the change in time zones, though a short nap was needed.  Unfortunately Cydil has been a little under the weather today, but with some of Grandma Van’s tea and a little bit of Zicam and a couple of Advil, Cydil is doing a little better.  The real drama today has been trying to get my luggage.  The most recent phone call (about 30 hours after landing) indicated that I should only expect one of my bags, yet we don’t know where it is being delivered in Tirana.  I will probably have to jump in a taxi at a moment’s notice to meet the driver with my bag.  Both bags are important, but the one with my clothes would be nice to have before we leave for Vlora, hopefully still tomorrow if Cydil is feeling better.  It’s really amazing that Cydil hasn’t gotten sick before this point with all the runny noses at the orphanage every day and stress that has come as part of this experience.  We’re down to three days and Aunt Hannah is planning the farewell party and Grandma Van is planning the menu and what outfit we need to change Ellie into before we take her home.  

Sorry there are no new photos, but we didn’t think that one of us laying on our backs would be all that interesting.  I am really excited and curious to know Ellie’s reaction to me after my extended absence.  Check back tomorrow to find out which suitcase arrives and learn Ellie’s reaction!  Thanks for your continued prayers!--Nathan

No comments: