Pages

6.08.2013

The Guest Room is Occupied!


Yes!  The Winnie is doubling as our guestroom these days.  Our friends Mark and Eszti are with us!  They have recently returned to the States from Hungary.


While they're with us, Nathan and Mark have been tackling some projects on the farm, like painting the machine shed roof (x2)!  (I think Mark was a little busier than he looks in the photo below -- maybe I posed this to get them both in the same shot?  I can't remember.).




The kids are really enjoying having Eszti around.  The other day Reni shouted down the stairs, "Eszti!  Eszti!  I need you!!!"



Remember my last post inquiring for an envelope licker?  Little did I know that would be Eszti.  My idea of using a sponge just didn't pan out.  She promised the envelopes tasted just like butterscotch.  If so, I don't know that I'll try butterscotch in Hungary... : )


Off to the post office on Friday!

Then, to show what kind of hostess I am, I gave Eszti a couple of opportunities to practice public speaking, by taking her to share at two events, one for junior high and another for senior high.


Common Ground is hosting a summer of activities for the family in Delavan, revolving around a study of the book of Ephesians.  The first chapter discusses the subject of adoption, so Eszti and I shared with the youth from our personal experience of adoption (I as a parent, her as a sister) and many of the ways in which it is analogous to our spiritual adoptions into God's family.

Eszti has been a huge help around the house, kindly making desserts for our meals and including the kids in the efforts.  They love to 'help'!


We're trying some new recipes!  This is fun, but I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to entertain in Albania without wonderful things like 'cream of mushroom soup' or my Kitchen Aid stand mixer!



The guys have now started replacing Hannah's flooring.  It's reminiscent of another wood floor project these two undertook three winters ago...



But we're trying to make sure they have some fun too!


So happy to have friends here with us!

No comments: