Pages

1.18.2010

Found: Miscellaneous Photos from Christmas in IL

After the Tua and Pippa "Pink" Shoot, Ellie jumped in with Gjyshe for her own pic.
I think Dad's okay with the pink -- after all, he's got three daughters and three grandaughters


The day before we left, Mom and Dad watched the girls so Bug, Seth, Nathan, and I could go out for lunch. Right before that, we stopped in for one last visit with the "grands". Here we are with Grandpa Van and Marilyn.


...and Grandpa and Grandma 'Ford


Jenny holding out the Bond-Ost cheese we enjoyed. Laurie, have you ever run across this in Sweden? This is a family delicacy that our cousin Elyse picked up in Chicago at a Swedish bakery. (For those of you who don't know, Grandma Whiteford's maiden name was Ekdahl -- she's 100% Swede). Grandma was kind enough to share some of her lot with us on crackers. Delicious. What stirred up almost as much conversation as the cheese after the visit was her cocktail of Arizona tea, heated in the microwave with a splash of orange juice. Hmmm.



Nathan reading the Christmas story. Dad with a camera. Christmas traditions.

1 comment:

Kjernald Family Adventures said...

Cydil,

I don't know if I have had that cheese, but I am sure I can find it. I will try to get you some!

Miss you,
laurie