Pages

5.26.2016

Reni - May 2016


Reni -- I'm not going to gush and embarrass you.


I just want you to know someday -- someday out in the future when you find this blog and read my words -- that I'm so incredibly proud of you.


You are so brave.  I know that going new places can fill your heart with anxiety over how people will respond when they see you, but you suck it up and be yourself, pretending not to notice the looks.


You're fearless and try hard.  
I hope you never lose that spirit.


I don't know if you'll ever see it yourself, but it's when you tackle obstacles with your usual zest the look in their eyes changes. People are not staring at you for your differences. I see the wonder in their eyes that you can do just about everything they can do, and that you're happy, confident, secure and loved.


You are shattering misconceptions.  You contradict everything they have been taught to believe.

You have not been a burden.  You do not bring us 'bad luck'.  Oh no. It's just the opposite.

You are a living testimony to the truth of God's upside-down Kingdom.



Keep it up, Reni.  
Love, Mom

No comments: