Pages

12.05.2013

Ladies Night

I'm playing 'catch up' on the blog here!  A little over a week ago I lost the use of my laptop.  I think it was going on six years old, which in laptop years is probably 85.  Some of the keys were sticking and the monitor had a funny hitch in it, depending on the tilt (it would freeze and turn green), but it still worked for my purposes.  Until it took a nose dive off the coffee table onto the floor.  Yep, brought it all the way here and used it for not even three months...

Fortunately it was Thanksgiving week and Nathan found a good deal online that my parents will bring me when they come over in February.  In the mean time, Nathan and I will share the other laptop.  Sharing didn't seem too inconvenient at the time we opted not to purchase a replacement here in Albania (minimum 20% more than we would pay in the States), but apparently I didn't realize how often we are usually on the computer at the same time!

Right now I have use for a few minutes so here are some photos from last week in Vlash...

Our colleague Shpresa invited women from her church in Tirana to join the women of Vlashaj for an evening of testimonies and eating.

Yes -- the power went out briefly at the beginning and out came the cell phones!

Shpresa welcomes everyone

One of the village ladies brought this cake which translated reads, "God bless you"

Refreshments included muffins, an egg byrek and a tomato and onion byrek along with apples and oranges.







No comments: