Pages

12.07.2013

Fashion Show!

The village ladies dropped off their creations this morning and we had SO much fun going through the bags and bags of goodies.  I wanted to photograph the collection for a variety of reasons (mainly because we are concerned about display space at the craft shows, but also because I wanted a reference to show them which patterns we think will be worth repeating in the future...).  

Pray that we can sell these goodies at the shows on Sunday and Thursday.  I've been told that 'handmade' products don't have much perceived value here.  The economic climate in the village seems to have grown more desperate, so we want good sales to help these women and their families.  I've already had inquiries about shipping these abroad.  While I'm grateful for the interest, we don't know how feasible that will be in the immediate future (but check back with me after Christmas).

Here are a few of my favorites.  Aren't Anna and Abby fabulous models?
Click on the link at the bottom to see the whole shabang on Pinterest.







http://www.pinterest.com/cydil/knitted-scarves-village-ladies-creations/

No comments: