Pages

2.17.2012

Travel pics


Monday morning at Rinas...






 Reni got the notion that apple juice would be more enjoyable if served from his dad's empty creamer cup...




After the first flight, we didn't have time for pics. 

It's Friday and I think I'm more tired than the first day home.  The children seem to have conspired to keep me from sleeping.  This morning Reni was up at 2:45 and never fell back into a decent sleep, crying about every 30 minutes until I let him out of his crib when Ellie awoke (who had freaked out because I moved to the couch for a little bit of shut eye).  We're having a battle of the wills over making choices right now (that's Reni and I).  I always try to give him choices but if he doesn't like the options he just gets mad.  That meant that he didn't eat much for supper in protest (and it was something that he usually enjoys) ... and so he was probably hungry when he awoke in the middle of the night.  When he asked for a cheese stick in bed, I acquiesced but when I delivered it, he was mad that I had unwrapped it for him, so he threw it back at me and asked for a different one.   Yeah, so much for any middle of the night favors.

Right now he's laughing and making jokes with me -- I have no idea how.  I'm wiped.  I can never sit for more than a minute or two at a time (this post is even a challenge to complete).  "Mommy, I need a drink!  Mommy, get my cars!  Mommy, where's my blankie?  Mommy..." I know, typical stuff, I just need a nap.  And a personal grocery shopper would be nice too.  Oh, and could that person swing by the bank and post office on their way? ; )  Nathan's going to be home in 30 hours...

Ellie woke up saying she was sick.  She has a runny nose and is sneezing.  This could be a fun day.

On other, less inwardly-focused news, Nathan has been in frequent contact with me from New Jersey.  It sounds like Pop Pop had a really special memorial service yesterday, complete with the military regalia for his WWII service.  Dad Waggoner nearly didn't make it to the service as he was hospitalized over night the previous evening for what appears to be diverticulitus.  I'm sure he would appreciate your prayers as they fly home today.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: