Pages

12.23.2011

Birthday Wish

Tonight as we were driving on the interstate I did what I usually do and clicked on my Google Reader bookmark to see if there were any blog posts to catch up on.  Working down the list I came to Adeye`'s post today, Praying for their Christmas Miracles.  I quickly sobered up as I read story after story of children desperate for a family, but for whom hope is fading fast because they will age out of the system soon (you DON'T want to know what kind of future awaits them) or they're about to be moved to institutions where they will no longer be adoptable (another terrible, horrible future which defies description).

Then I saw a picture and nearly lost it.  I recognized both kids -- a brother and a sister.  My friend Katie adopted the sister, A, but her brother R is still overseas, needing a family.   I know that Katie has been burdened for R for three years, desperate to find a family for him.  Today's highlight of R served as a reminder that he's STILL waiting and that Katie hadn't given up because she was the one who petitioned Adeye` to include him in today's post.  I want to be an Aaron and Hur (Exodus 17) for Katie tonight and help hold up her arms in advocating for R.  Would you take a minute and click on this link and pray for R and pray for these kids?  These are just a few of the MILLIONS of orphans worldwide, but it only takes 1 person, 1 family to make a difference one of these kiddos.

I know this is heavy, but hey, it's my birthday today so I can blog about whatever I want!  (sorry for sounding a little self-indulgent there).
Thanks, friends.

No comments: