Pages

10.07.2011

Pondering this...

Read an article this morning and it resonated strongly with me.  Adoption WAS so foreign to me a few years ago.  Then we spent 4 weeks in an orphanage visiting Ellie in 2006 and all I kept thinking was the word "potential".  How much potential was waiting in little ones like Olsi and Gjergi and Mathilda?  How much potential was lost every day they sat in cribs waiting for a family to love them?  With the passing of Steve Jobs this week, we are all reminded the potential each and every life holds.  This author articulates it so much better than I could:


"It’s amazing to me that, in 2011, especially among Christians, how foreign a concept adoption is. Adoption is the essence of salvation. There is no Christianity without adoption, in the spiritual sense. Yet, in the physical sense, it is rarely considered as an option. For those who are so passionately prolife, it is often the challenge thrown before us in our opposition to abortion, and rightfully so.
We have an opportunity to unleash purpose in a child waiting to be loved. I was one of those children back in 1971Steve Jobs was back in 1955. The beauty of possibility is that we all can play a role in helping to foster and encourage it.  Who knows what my children, both adopted and biological, will become? All I know is that loving them, unconditionally, will allow their God-given purpose to flourish..."
Read the article in its entirety here.

No comments: