Pages

10.13.2011

"I wanna hold you, Mommy"

Today Reni wanted me more than normal.  He would come to my feet, wherever I was, lift his arms and say, "Hold you, Mommy.  I wanna hold you!"  I would pick him up and he would lay his head on my shoulder. Sometimes he would lay there silently.  Sometimes he would just let out a quiet, "Hmmmmmm."  Other times he would quietly sing, "Ma Ma Mommy, Ma Ma Mommy."

Melt my heart all over again.

It was happening so often though I began to suspect he wasn't feeling like himself.  Sure enough, tonight he snuggled up next to me on my bed and his body felt warm all over. A preliminary forehead scan read 100.1.  His eyes were looking bleary.

Holding him again snuggled up on my shoulder, my heart was sad.  Not just for him feeling sick, but for all the times he was sick before he was ours and he didn't have a mommy to comfort him or get him water or grape tylen*l.  Ellie too.  We know from her records that she had bronchitus at some point before we came for her.

So tonight, I'm praying for our little guy, that he will get better.  But I'm also praying for all the other feverish little ones lying in orphanage cribs or on matts around the world, without mommies or daddies to give them extra love at times like this.

Orphan Sunday is approaching (November 6). Click over here to find resources for your family and church
"Defend the cause of the fatherless..." Isaiah 1:17

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any time Lydia is under the weather, I always think the same thing. Makes my heart ache for her during that first year of her life and the many many children right now who are by themselves

Aunt Ruth said...

Trust you little ones are feeling well this morning. Praying for all the litle ones who need a Mommie and Daddy to love and hold them.