Pages

5.10.2009

Mother's Day Gift

It's a balmy spring morning here in Kentucky, my eyes are feasting on green outside my window yet if I close my eyes I could be sitting in Dr. Zhivago's snow-filled villa, with winds swirling all around us.

For mother's day Nathan got me a noise machine with 6 different nature sounds. This cool toy (which also serves as an alarm clock) has six prominant buttons, easy for a toddler to manipulate, featuring the sounds of the ocean, a brook, falling rain, white noise, summer nights, and the wind. Ellie likes them all, but the wind in particular. She thinks it sounds like a lion roaring (don't ask me why, it doesn't sound that way to me) so after trying all the sounds, she always goes back to the wind. Then, no doubt with lions on her mind, she's asked to watch Madagascar.

Oh, and don't ask me why the creators thought that sounds designed to help you fall asleep would also work to wake you up?

No comments: