Pages

5.14.2009

A few days away...


We are taking a few days away from home. It's nice to get away from the ringing phone and always being 'on' which comes hand in hand with life at the center, even when school is out. Right now Nathan and I are up in Michigan and Ellie is with Nonna and PaPa in Columbus. Last night we had a great dinner with bloggy friends, Melissa and Bob in downtown Grand Rapids where we're staying. I wish we had more time here! There's a lot more to do than I realized and they have a neat downtown! I'm attending a photography workshop and Nathan has been a very supportive husband and found ways to spend his time during the day while I'm honing my photography skills. Today he took the kayak out on the Rogue River, did some shopping and got the brakes repaired on our van. Tomorrow I think he's going to explore the Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum which is across the street from our hotel. I wish I could go too!
Tomorrow evening Nathan and I head to Marion to attend the wedding of one of our students, then travel to Dayton on Sunday for the wedding of another cabinet member. The photos above were shot on our camera phone.

No comments: