Pages

12.17.2008

More news links

You can imagine my surprise when I went online tonight and found a Yahoo headline stating that my first boss outa college was picked for Obama's cabinet! Here's a link to the Washington Post article...

Congressman LaHood didn't run for re-election this term and I intended to thank him on the blog here for representing my home district well these past 12 years. He kept a pretty rigorous schedule traveling back to Illinois nearly every weekend and I assumed he was retiring from his seat to stay put at home in Peoria! I guess he's going to stick around DC a little longer!

Working in his DC office was an experience I think back on often, grateful I had the chance to intern in his office during a summer break in college and later work for him and with some great staffers from Illinois. Secretly I had been hoping that he might consider running as the Republican candidate for Governor to replace Blagojavich! I guess not!

No comments: