Pages

11.07.2016

#couldhavemissedthis | National Adoption Month

Thursday morning Shpresa, Bonnie and I will set up at table of knitted items at the US Embassy lobby to kick off our 2016 holiday sales season.  The goods are all hand made by some women from our village.

Try as I might to photograph all of their merchandise months in advance, I still get a few last-minute additions to the inventory that need to be cataloged.  Some of those items included a handful of little boy 'camo' stocking hats.  Thankfully, I knew just who to model this particular merchandise...



After looking at these photos on the computer, it occurred to me that I really haven't photographed Reni since his new front teeth have come in!  
My little boy is growing up!


Today in reading class, he got to the chapter in his Beginner's Bible of the story of Samuel anointing David the next king of Israel.

I told Reni how God used that story to confirm that we were supposed to adopt him.  He looked at me sort of surprised.



 He read the story and then I re-summarized how Samuel thought he was looking for one type of person to be king, but God had someone even better in mind.

God reminded Samuel that man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.
His eyes got really big.  "You could see inside me?" (half joking, half curious)


I said, "No, of course not,"... but that we had no idea of all the kids who needed families that God would lead us to a little boy with only part of his legs.  Such a difference could be really scary for some people, and if they only looked at him at his lack of feet, they would miss the most important part of what made Reni -- his heart.


It just occurred to me that November is National Adoption Month.  One of the trending hashtags is #couldhavemissedthis  ... but for the grace of God, we did not.

Please take a moment to read this article about the State Department's proposed changes to adoption policy. There are a lot more children like ours still in need of families...

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/02/obama-administration-make-international-adoption-lot-harder/




No comments: