Pages

12.21.2015

Village Knits | A Follow Up


Wednesday night after Bible study I had the pleasure of giving the women their earnings from their sales this fall!  While two of the women had a dip in their earnings as compared to last year, the third saw an increase.  

The decline in earnings didn't come as a huge surprise. 
  • It hasn't been as cold in the States.  
  • My network of connections is already pretty saturated with knitted goods. 
  • We didn't accurately predict the interest in new products (leg warmers and hats) and sold out of most of those.
So we will retool for 2016.  I will give some stronger, more specific advice on (successful) models to replicate and which models not to repeat, while affirming their creativity and skill.  We will continue to work to expand our domestic market so we are not so dependent on sales from overseas.



Each knitter received a print out of their products which sold and the corresponding price.  Their I-owe-you's were torn up after deducted from their revenues and each lady took home a sizeable envelope of cash.

Yeah, you might just see my interest in stats and hard numbers on the marker board behind me, below.  I wanted to try to break down the numbers and see what kind of information we could glean. Those were the highlights. I'm geeky like that.


As they left the center and walked up the street, they were hugging each other and smiling.

Thank you, everyone, who bought something this year.  We are grateful!

No comments: