Pages

11.15.2015

Open For Business

When we transitioned to Albania, I inherited the women's crafting project.  I didn't accept it begrudgingly, but with a certain weight of responsibility. I like marketing, business plans, and whatnot.  But this is no lemonade stand.  What lemonade stand ever had to deal with multiple currencies?  Or paypal payments?


We decided last year to transition from jewelry -- which had a very low profit margin and was split evenly between the women -- to knits, which was something the ladies had a knack for, and which allowed each woman to earn according to her ability, labors, and creativity.

Last year they rolled out a bunch of goodies for the winter season and many friends in the States responded very well, purchasing dozens of scarves and headbands for a chilly winter in America.  I was tickled to surprise them with their payment envelopes at Christmas time.  THAT was fun.

 Giggles, tears, stunned silence.


This year I worry about the knitters' expectations for sales.  I mean, how many more of my friends in America need scarves?
 

I've been photographing all the new merchandise, then tagging, cataloging, and posting it online.

And with each one I breathe a prayer that it might be bought, that faith will grow with each sale and that answered prayers will wrap and warm hearts just like these scarves wrap necks and warm bodies.



So this blog post is to announce that the Knit Shop is open for business.  With all new merchandise for the 2015-16 winter.


We've got some legwarmers, hats, and finger-less gloves.  We even have a few pieces for men!


If you'd like a little piece of handiwork from Albania, pay our shop a visit and drop me an e-mail.  I can answer any questions you might have and if and when you want to make a purchase, I can bill you online and my Dad will hand carry it to the States, where it will be shipped to any address in the continental United States for a small fee, on or before December 1, just in time for Christmas.

http://villageknitsalbania.blogspot.com/

No comments: