Pages

11.12.2015

Back in the Books



Adult education ain't no joke.  And we're just taking one Albanian course, 1.3 hours, 3 times per week.  Between that and the commute, we're looking at three mornings a week filled up, full, gone.  Just typing it here feels like I'm a baby.  But really, we're falling into bed right after the kids each night. (They told us language learners need more sleep each night - that was no joke either).  And, oh yeah, there's home work.


And in case you can read my Shqip above, Simon is a fictional character from our textbook.  I was to write him a letter... "i dashur Simon..."

There's my rough draft notebook and my official 'homework' notebook.  It's no term paper, but as any student of language can tell you, there's something satisfying about putting foreign words on paper... even if it's only a letter or short story.


I feel like we're soaking up so much.  And it's going to be over all too soon.  But as we were reminded yesterday, language learning never ends.  Even of my own first language.  Totes.  All the feels, hashtags and such.


No comments: