Pages

1.28.2015

Christmas in January

You might recognize these folks from a few weeks ago when I shared pics from a Christmas-time visit we paid to their home.

I had planned that December visit in hopes that we might also be delivering some unexpected (by them) goodies coming from the States...


You see, I had gotten word from their prayer-partner family in Michigan that goodies were coming their way, and I was excited.  I couldn't imagine a family that would be more surprised and grateful to get some unexpected love from America.

But I waited and waited, and no sign of the box at the receiving office.  

I got a hold of the tracking number and read a trail of cities across the US and Europe until it got to Albania where it sat in customs. And sat.  Finally, on Thursday we picked it up and on Sunday, just one month after Christmas we trekked up a muddy trail to their home.

In spite of my protestations beforehand, Bukeria had already put together a spread of fry bread and pomegranate syrup (homemade -- delicious!).
When I asked if I could video their present opening, the grown ups left the room and returned with new shirts on!


Nathan brought a pump along for Alesio's gift -- a much-coveted soccer ball, all his own.



Sybi had the best reaction.  The only thing I can imagine is that perhaps he had ever seen a headlamp before.  
He just laughed and laughed and ran into the other room to show his bed-ridden mother the accessory strapped to his forehead.


Alesio wasted no time and started playing with his cousin in the hallway, 'heading' it back and forth... right in front of his mother's glass cabinet of company serving ware.



In addition to the gift for this family, I also got a series of Christmas cards for different families in the village from their partner families.  How fun it was to deliver those!  I had no idea how much our American friends would jump behind and show love in this way!  Thank you, friends!!!


No comments: