Pages

12.16.2014

It's the Best Time of the Year!

Saturday we had our Christmas party at the Hope Center!  These kids are a lot of fun to be with, and they LOVE to have their photo taken (and play with my camera too), so they requested that we bring back the photo booth like we did last year.  Plus a few props!
 

The best we could do with our family in the pic!  Sorry it's not in focus!





We had some leftover cookie dough from when Mom and the kids made cookies a few days earlier o we baked some up and brought over tubs of icing, food coloring, and sprinkles.
 

I think iced cookies are pretty unusual in Albania (American desserts are quite sweet by their standards, actually), but they loved the icing so much I caught kids holding an icing knife and repeatedly adding dabs of icing to their cookies with each bite, or just dunking their cookies straight out in the icing bowls.  I was tempted to give a little lesson on 'double dipping', but I held my tongue. :-)  As I also did when I caught some pouring our American carepackage peppermint sprinkles and eating them by the handful.  Oh well. I've got a soft spot for these kids, I guess you could say. ;-)  And we're probably not making any more Christmas cookies this year anyway.
 

 
Hungry yet?

No comments: