Pages

1.26.2014

Keep warm!


We heard it's cold in America and I promised last month to make available to our friends in America some of the scarves knitted by our friends in the village.  My Dad is here until Tuesday morning!  If you would like a scarf for yourself, check out our remaining inventory here:


I shared this link last night on Facebook and over half of the remaining scarves have been spoken for and taken off the site, but  a few remain.  After shipping and paypal fees, 100% goes to the knitters.  
And on Friday I will have the unmerited blessing of walking up to them, putting one arm around their shoulders and with the other slipping some crisp cash in their pockets.  A pretty, pretty cool part of my 'job' that I wish you could see.

Anything sold through Monday, Dad can take back to the States and ship to you!

Please accept a big, big thank you to those who have purchased these scarves! 

And just to plant a little seed in your head... we have some visitors coming to visit us in March.  If you would like to donate some yarn that maybe you bought with good intentions (but secretly you know you won't ever get to it), please let me know and I can tell you where to mail it.  They will have lots of luggage space to bring it over to us.  We prefer more 'wintery' colors like black, brown, charcoal, oatmeal, navy, cream, wine, etc... as those tend to be preferred colors for matching winter coats and such.  Good yarn is difficult, if not impossible to find here.  I know some women who would be grateful!

I've created a board on Pinterest so you can see nearly all of their creations.  If a style strikes your fancy, let me know, and we may be able to arrange a 'special order'. http://www.pinterest.com/cydil/knitted-scarves-village-ladies-creations/

No comments: