Pages

9.18.2013

New Signs

They told us at MTI that upon arriving at our new homes, we'd be bombarded with indecipherable signs and symbols that would trigger higher stress levels and things like culture shock.  I was envisioning street signs, business placards, restaurant menus -- you know, signs out in public.  Can I park here? Is this the line I stand in?  I didn't expect it to start across the hall from my bedroom.

This is my clothes washer.  Tell me, friend, how you would start a load of laundry?

The first clue is you have to push the button below the picture of the key.  That will open your door.  The next button over will turn the machine on or off.  I remembered that much from previous visits.


From there, I just start turning the dial until I hear it start filling with water.  Some numbers start short cycles, other cycles are long.  They will stop and soak and at some point, then I turn it one more click and the water drains, followed by the barrel spinning.  I haven't been terribly rushed so I'm just kind of learning as I go.  The clothes and sheets come out clean, regardless of where I seem to start the dial.


The smaller dial (above left) controls the water temperature.  Since it's in Celsius, it all seems 'HOT' to me!  If I want 'cold' I turn it to the tap water picture.  See?  I'm learning!

Then Kerri pointed out the handy instruction guide that I had somehow not seen (on the silly door frame!)  All the help I needed -- right in front of my eyes!  Voila!


Next, you'll have to see our microwave!

1 comment:

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

I'll never forget trying to use the washing machine in Bulgaria. All I know is I saw the water moving around and the clothes smelt clean when I took them out. I think they got washed. Love you a bunch! Love reading your updates!