Pages

8.04.2012

Ahhhh.... Summer

Today we take a break from the posts on packing, moving, transition, garage sales, and goodbyes and remember a wonderful 2 and a half days in July with the Waggoner family at Dale Hollow Lake.  It was refreshment just when we needed it.  I have so many pictures not yet published from July but couldn't not post these here.  I ratcheted up the saturation on these 'cause, well, that's what summer pics on the water call for!  These were almost exclusively shot on my 35 1.4 lens.

We arrived on a HOT Sunday evening.  The water was beckoning us!  This was our first time to Dale Hollow and I think we became fans!  I know you out-of-staters might mock Kentucky, and that's alright.  That just means more of this prettiness to ourselves!


We had 10 kids under the age of 11.  Yep.  Our two, Steve & Rachel's 5 plus their 3 foster kids.  It was fun and lively!  Our kids had a blast!  (Below)  Anxious to hit the water!!!

 (Below)  Riding the pontoon boat out to a cove for some swimming.  Or more accurately, lazy floating on a noodle.


 The pontoon had a sliding board, which was fun, but wouldn't it be more fun to just jump off the top?


One evening while the first crew took off to go start supper, Uncle Steve, Aunt Rebecca and Aunt Cydil stayed with the kids on the pontoon.  I thought an easy way to work my way up to super-cool-aunt status (or at least work my way up a little) would be to take jumping pics off the side of the boat that we could watch later that evening on TV.  Envision me hanging off the side of the boat, holding a pole with one arm and camera in the other.  So much fun.  I wish I could share more!

 Then... YUM!
 Couldn't resist including these images of Ellie.  Her eyes have always captured me, from the first day I met her.

You can't tell from this angle, but they're sitting on a small island in the middle of the lake.  Ellie has to go potty.  I'm holding a camera on a boat that Nathan is desperately trying to keep from getting swept into rocks.  I'm shooting, shooting, shooting and shouting directions. It's amazing as many of them are looking at me as there are!  They were good sports to humor me when I requested this pic after lunch!  (Image below shot on the 70-200mm)

 (Above) the girls are trying to teach Reni how to hold up three fingers for his approaching birthday.  Ellie and Elisha were buddies throughout the weekend.  (Below)  It's the morning to leave. I think you can see the effects of two full days in the sun and water.

Thanks for the memories!!!

Okay, off to work on our newsletter!  Enjoy these last few days of summer!

No comments: