Pages

8.29.2011

Whiteford Family Reunion Photos


The 2nd weekend of August, just 5 days after returning from New Jersey, we packed up the van again for a very quick trip to Utica, Illinois for a reunion with my mom's family (the families of my Grandpa Whiteford and his two sisters).  For years (like more than 25) we met at Brown County State Park in Indiana, however we outgrew their facitilites (you think?) and we have been  hop scotching around, trying to find a place to accommodate our still-growing family but that works geographically for family spread out around the midwest (and a few stragglers in the north, south, east and west).

I took nearly 400 photos, but not so many of my immediate family, so here are a few random photos from the weekend that include some of the more commonly known subjects to readers of this blog...

Reni is playing with Ruby, daughter of my 2nd cousin, Rebecca.  Her family lives in Michigan.

Saturday night we played "Minute to Win It" games.  Here's my sister, Hannah, and my 2nd cousin, Rachel Allen.

One of the cutest moments for Nathan and I was to watch Reni cheer on Ellie while she participated in a  few rounds of the game.  Yes, members of all ages participated so it was a lot of fun!

Nathan was our team captain and here he is trying to catch a bundle of pencils that were previously balanced on the back of his same hand.



Ellie with her buddy, Jaedyn, daughter of my cousin, Heidi.  They live in East Peoria.

One of my favorite images from the weekend... the 3rd generation.  There were 6 children added to the family since last year's reunion.  2 through birth and 4 through adoption: Max from Thailand, Reni, of course, and Jalen & Chelsea (Chelsea isn't pictured as she got really sick, poor thing).  The last two are in the process of being adopted by my cousin Chad and his wife, Christa.

My Dad joined us on Sunday morning and Reni was SO excited to see him.  "Look!  Look!  Gjyshe!"


Enjoying a lift from my cousin, Chad.  He and his family drove out from Olathe, KS.

Ellie, enjoying some love in my Grandma Whiteford's lap during the Sunday morning hymn-sing.

Reni's giving my dad a "break" from video-ing family worship.
Special thanks to our family who took time to travel for the get together.  It's always a joy to see you all!

No comments: