Pages

5.26.2011

One More Sleep...

Ellie has been counting down the sleeps since Sunday.  This morning she rubbed her eyes and said, "One more sleep til REAL Daddy is here!"

"Real Daddy" is Nathan-in-person versus "Computer Daddy" (Nathan-on-Skype).  Last night she told him, "Daddy, I want you here so you can hug me!  Then I can play with my swords."  (Last week he showed her on Skype a gift he bought for her and Reni: padded samurai swords).

We got a happy surprise with news that Nathan would be landing about 7 hours earlier than originally planned.  This means that after Ellie's end-of-the-year awards party tomorrow afternoon, we can ALL go to the airport and pick him up.  As usual, Ellie had a special way of describing her seeing her Dad again and it went like this:  "First I'll see his feet, then I'll see his belly, then I'll see his face and say, 'Daaadddyyy!'" (Referring to watching him come down the escalator -- evidently her memories of this airport arrival with Reni are pretty fresh).

And how do I anticipate Reni's reaction?  In typical Reni style, he'll probably punch the air with a fist, grin, and say, "Yay!"

Thanks for praying for the kids and I during these 15 days home alone.  Overall, it has gone really, really well but we'll ALL be glad when Daddy is home.

No comments: