Pages

3.25.2010

"I'll stay small, Mommy"

I thought I would share an excerpt from an e-mail I sent Mom and Dad Waggoner in Ohio tonight...

"Tonight [Ellie] watched a video where someone had curly hair (which she pronounced ‘corly’) and she insisted I make mine ‘corly’ too. ;-)

She is making so many strides in her communication – Nathan said he saw big improvement in just the time he was in Honduras!

We’re proud of her and I keep telling her she’s growing up.
To which she replies, ‘I’m getting bigger bigger and won’t fit in your lap anymore, Mommy!’ When I make a sad face at that, she puts a hand on her head as if to squish her stature back down and she says, “I’ll stay small, Mommy.” '

Oh how I love that girl!

2 comments:

The Wofford family said...

Sam often says that he's going to stay 5 (or 6, or 7 depending on the day) because he wants to stay my little boy! I think it partly has to do with the warning we've given him that the older he gets the more work he has to do!

Aunt Ruth said...

How sweet and affectionate your little girl is!!!