Pages

12.19.2012

Weekend Warriors

Nathan and Dad returned safely last night from Albania, but given that their photos are over at Mom and Dad's, and that our weary traveler is catching up on some z's, I thought I'd post a few pics from one of the activities that kept us busy while he was away.  For those of you interested in the Albania ministry, please check back in a few days because Nathan has lots to share -- it was a wonderfully productive trip with lots of affirmations along the way!

Wednesday night we got a phone call from my grandpa announcing that he and Grandma were moving on Saturday.  Yes, just about 48 hours' notice. After months and months of deliberation, they signed a contract and decided to move to assisted living in just a few days' time. The timing wasn't the greatest given that Dad and Nathan were in Albania, a number of local family members were under the weather or injured, not to mention the busy-ness of this general time of year, but Mom was able to find an empty trailer in one of Dad's sheds and Aunt Marcia assembled some packing materials and a motley crew to move my grandparents into their new digs.








Aunt Marcia has been recovering from knee surgery and was great entertaining the kids (here, she's allowing Ellie to accessorize her with some of Grandma's Christmas decorations).


My cousin, Emily, and her husband, Ike, pose like they're going to move this hutch (which they really couldn't given that Ike had injured his arm the day before at work).  I told you we were a motley crew!


Heidi saved the day sharing her new iPhone (which she had just gotten the day before for her birthday!) with the kids!


Yep!  Watch out!  I might just pop out of corners and ambush you with my camera!


Yeah, those two below worked really hard... 


Well, I think I hear Nathan... back to cleaning for Christmas company!

No comments: