Pages

12.30.2010

December 23... My Birthday

Thursday was my birthday and the day started out with a trip to Washington (IL) to visit my high school friend and "lockermate", Joy. "Twist" and "vanOrman" lined up alphabetically in our class at Peoria Christian so we came up with the idea to store all of our coats and bags in one locker and keep our books and school items in another locker. I think we did that for two or three years! Sadly, it's been nearly eleven years since we've seen each other (we attempted a visit two years ago but I got sick on the day we were to get together). She and her family live in North Carolina now, but thanks to Facebook, we were able to arrange a get together at her parents' home! Hopefully next year our other girlfriends from our group will be able to join us!

After lunch the kids all got in Gjyshe's tractor for their traditional ride. (Below) you can see Reni is quite excited.

(Above) now he's like, "Let's get this show on the road!"

After a traditional birthday supper of LaGondola spaghetti, garlic bread and torpedos, the kids were anxious to get to the cake and presents. I had a lot of help in all areas!

If you want to feel like you were there (or hear Tua's sweet rendition of Happy Birthday), watch the video below... my birthday cake was Nathan's famous peppermint cheesecake. Thanks, Babe!

No comments: